Tis The Season for parties which is great fun, for sure
But sometimes, at least for many of us, it also leads to last minute E.A.A.
(Evening Attire Anxiety)
How will you deal?
Will you remain calm…
Or will you be ready to put a bowl on your head?
Quite frankly if it looked this chic, I’d consider it.
and may I add, I adore evening gloves and hats and wish I wore them more (as in ever)
Will you make a little more effort with your maquillage
perhaps some pearlescent shadow for the party ?
Or simply make a statement with your eyewear
(and blue lipstick- I swear there’s a photo of me somewhere in the house with blue lipstick, circa 80′s)
Will you take the classic & elegant path?
(photo of Lee Radziwill via Habitually Chic)
Not so much…
Personally, I think these stunning Indian diamonds from The Gem Palace would help calm me down
and this bag would finish off the look perfectly
( via Couture Lab)
I’ll leave you with a little glimpse into my Party Season routine-
It goes a little something like this;
1. Oh! What a lovely invitation-should be great fun, I’m going to RSVP yes!
2. Hmmm-wonder what I’ll wear…not to worry, I’ll think of something.
3. OK…still haven’t thought of anything yet, but not desperate.
4.What did I wear last year? Most of the same people are going to be there I’m sure…
5. Why can I never remember to get a grown up manicure?
6. What the hell did I wear last year??
7. Officially desperate.
8. Please don’t tell me that is my husband actually beeping the horn…
9. OK, just for that, I’m smelling up the car with nail polish fumes
11. “Aren’t you going to say I look nice??”
…and off we go…
Anything sound at all familiar??!
Day 3 Darlings- Better go get ready!
Bea Valdes necklace via Couture Lab
Christmas ornaments via One King’s Lane (sale ends 12/6)